Monday, September 24, 2007

More pictures!

I got kicked out of the internet cafe yesterday because the owner was sick, so I didn't have time to finish the rest of my blog...Here are a few more pictures to see!

I met Siki one night at a cell group and she has an amazing story to tell about being one of the first black Africans to go to an all-white school after Apartheid ended in 1994. We share the same heart to see people reconciled to Jesus and then to each other…Her spirit and mine connected immediately and we could stop talking about our passions for Africa. I know we will see each other and minister together one day…I have never met anyone like her before. You could feel alive just sitting next to her…really.


I chose to get baptized in the ocean the last day of DTS as a symbol of my new commitment with God. I haven’t been been pabtised as an adult until now…I couldn’t have picked a better place, although the water was very…ah….refreshing!


This a TRUE miracle…that we all graduated…Ephesian 2:14-22, my prayer for this whole DTS was answered…I have seen TRUE reconciliation happen, but it’s only by the blood of Jesus…

More of God’s little ones enjoying sweets together!

Anyone for a chicken’s foot? There’s not much meat on them, but the cartilage has a bit of flavor!

Just some of the delicious food we tried from the Xhosa guys’ culture…this is called Smiley…(sheep’s head) and I think it’s because it smiles back at you when you eat it!  I had the privilege of eating the cheek and the lip....chewy!

Playing UNO with the children, our neighbors, on a rainy day….

Preparing for the adventure ahead! Wahoo!

No comments: